[Asterisk-Users] DHCP3 Configuration for TFTP server - HELP!

Mark Johnston mjohnston at skyweb.ca
Tue Nov 25 14:28:30 MST 2003

Paul Mahler <pmahler at signate.com> wrote:
> Can anyone please tell me how to configure DHCP3 option 66, the IP address
> of the TFTP server? There is an option tftp-server-name, but I can't find an
> option for the server IP address.

I think this is what you want - at least, it's what I use for DOCSIS
modems:

    next-server server-name;

    The next-server statement is used to specify the host  address  of
    the  server  from  which  the  initial boot file (specified in the
    filename statement) is to be loaded.    Server-name  should  be  a
    numeric IP address or a domain name.   If no next-server parameter
    applies to a given client, the DHCP server's IP address is used.

Mark