[Asterisk-Users] Want to get rid of Tormenta error message

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Nov 25 14:04:27 MST 2003

Hi there,

my * has no Zaptel or Tormenta hardware at all, also no ztdummy. However
dmesg is full of

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
No ISA tormenta card found at d0000
Zapata Telephony Interface Unloaded

and /var/log/messages shows tons of this:

Nov 25 21:28:28 localhost kernel: Zapata Telephony Interface Registered
on major 196
Nov 25 21:28:28 localhost kernel: No ISA tormenta card found at d0000
Nov 25 21:28:28 localhost kernel: Zapata Telephony Interface Unloaded
Nov 25 21:28:28 localhost insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.22/misc/torisa.o:
init_module: Input/output error
Nov 25 21:28:28 localhost insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by
incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
 You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
Nov 25 21:28:28 localhost insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.22/misc/torisa.o:
insmod char-major-196 failed

Any suggestion how to stop my log files being cluttered? A quick look at
/Zaptel/Makefile didn't reveal any obvious move, at least not in my eyes,
there is too much tor* stuff around there.

Cheers, Philipp