[Asterisk-Users] Re: E100P driver overwrites memory used bye linux-kernel

Alberto Bertogli albertogli at telpin.com.ar
Tue Nov 25 10:07:44 MST 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 08:51:03AM -0600, Mark Spencer wrote:
> > Then i started asterisk, it opens the D-Channel and
> > everything is still ok. I left the system in this state
> > and it survived one night without problems. But immediately
> > after the first call (B-Channel) the system memory is overwritten
> > and bad things happen.
> > I looked through the wct1xxp.c and it looks like the D-Channel
> > (HDLC) is handled between hardware and driver like the B-Channels
> > (no HDLC decoding in hardware), right?
> > That would mean that it is probably software problem. Is there a
> > way to do some test calls without asterisk?
>
> This sounds like mismatched modules, *or* that you have MMX turned on on a
> machine that doesn't like MMX or that you're running on a SMP machine
> without turning SMP on.

So running a non-SMP kernel on a SMP machine is fine, but wct1xxp can't
run in an UP kernel on a SMP machine?

This is a very important thing to know because one would assume that as
the kernel is fine, loading the module should be OK too.

Does this restricion apply to any other zapata modules?

How about HT?

Thanks,
		Alberto