[Asterisk-Users] cdr_unixodbc

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Tue Nov 25 06:19:27 MST 2003

Ok the basic requirement is unixODBC and the MyODBC driver(for MySQL) or
you can pick what ever you want(http://www.unixodbc.org/drivers.html).
The table structure is the same as pgsql or mysql ... just duplicate that.

I would like to verify that I have done this in such a way that the
database you choose to use won't matter(unixODBC is all about that)

odbc.ini info:

[ODBC Data Sources]
MySQL-asterisk = MySQL ODBC Driver Asterisk DSN

[MySQL-asterisk]
Description     = MySQL ODBC Driver Asterisk DSN
Driver          = MySQL
Socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
Server          = localhost
User            = root
Database        = asterisk
Option          = 3
#Port           =
Password        = password

odbcinst.ini

[MySQL]
Description     = MySQL ODBC MyODBC Driver
Driver          = /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so

...  I will give you guys time to do that ... and i'm still cleaning up
the code a bit more.  unixODBC is a bit more forgiving than the MySQL C
API is.

bkw