[Asterisk-Users] How to use * to simply skim off callerid (UK)?

Dave Wilson dave at autosdirect2u.com
Tue Nov 25 03:49:38 MST 2003

Hi all,

I'm wondering how I could go about placing * into an existing office PBX
system so as to capture callerid for further processing via AGI into an
intranet app.

I've already got the AGI scripts set up for what I want to do and have
tested using IAX2 peering, however I have no knowledge of the target
environment as yet, so would like to know what do I need to look out for
(line types, hardware, cabling, etc)? My company builds automotive dealer
management systems and we wish to use * within the system suite but without
forcing any changes to potential client's existing phone systems in the
initial install. Our primary concern is that of garnering the callerid info
so as to trigger screen prompts and other events within our own system.

Can anyone tell me what PBX systems on the UK market it is currently
possible to connect to * with? Once * and our system is in place within a
client network, we shall then be pushing for full leverage of *'s features.

TIA,
Dave