chan_h323 vs asterisk-oh323 (Was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Cisco to asterisk termination with h323 and g729 finally works.)

Lubomir Christov voip at minitelecom.org
Mon Nov 24 23:53:40 MST 2003

Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Lubomir Christov wrote:
>
>> BUT I have the say that I have the same opinion as martin
>> (martin at agilecall.com): "Although personally I would prefer oh323 for
>> its very well described config file for now winner is chan_h323"
>

> Again, what is not clear about h323.conf?  It follows the other Asterisk
> channel driver config methods.
>

> I am looking for specifics here, not just generalizations.

There are some missing useful features in chan_h323 (which are present
in chan_oh323)

1. missing jitter buffer - I know that this is because of the asterisk
rtp limits, It don't have such a feature

2. LogLevel/LogFile feature in config - right now (as I know) if you
don't start asterisk on console (asterisk -vvvvc) you can't receive the
trace output from chan_h323 and it is impossible to redirect the trace
output to some file from h323.conf (like
libLogFile=/var/log/asterisk/oh323 is doing it)

Lubo