[Asterisk-Users] ISDN Cards available in Australia

Anthony Wood woody+asterisk at switchonline.com.au
Mon Nov 24 17:19:43 MST 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 10:30:52AM -0500, Kimble Young wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm after some ISDN card resellers in Australia. I've noticed the AVM cards
> should work well here, however I've found the reseller here has no website,
> is listed in Yellow pages as management consultants (??) and when I called
> quoted almost $400.

Well he got 2 cards to me overnight 2 weeks ago.  Also he gambled and put up the cash
to get the cards approved, and the Australian approval system says you have a choice
of paying a premium to him (~$200/card) while he recoups his costs, or getting
your own approval (~$15,000), or risking a fine (~$17,000), or getting
written permission from your Telco (free, has anyone tried?).

> Does anyone know where I can get the AVMs in Australia a bit cheaper or
> another card (not the Netjet) that works with Asterisk.

The other A-ticked cards start with OpenLine4 (~$1,000) for 4 port PSTN FXO,
or you can but Eicon Diva cards for ~$1,200 for 1 port BRI or ~$3,100 for 4 port BRI.

If you don't care about the A-tick then you can import your own AVM Fritz.

Hope this helps,
cheers,
Woody