chan_h323 vs asterisk-oh323 (Was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Cisco to asterisk termination with h323 and g729 finally works.)

Isamar Maia isamar at isamarmaia.org
Tue Nov 25 00:48:09 MST 2003

> I would like to hear from anyone else that has real world experiences
> with both chan_h323 and asterisk-oh323.

For 6 months, I didn't know what was a perfect connection using
both except using G711 with oh323. Few weeks ago, a big mind
from Australia solved the problem with 1 or 2 lines of code, and
now I'm using chan_h323 almost perfectly. I think there is some
setup adjustments to be done by myself but that's not the case.
The important now is that I'm happy with chan_h323 and the things
seem to be easy having that as a channel module inside the dist.
I just don't understand why the both projects merge having more
synergy making the things happen faster... I'm pretty sure that
there is no technical explanation for that :-)

Isamar