[Asterisk-Users] unsubscribe

James Harrell jharrell at copernicusllc.com
Mon Nov 24 14:20:00 MST 2003

I know you'll never entirely be rid of these types of requests on
any list, but some quick usability testing might help reduce the
total number of them. :)

Some observations:
 - To a user who is unfamiliar with listserv software (or one
   who is used to older ones that take commands on the subject
   line) the list footer doesn't mean much. Might be quickly
   assumed to be an archive search, etc.

 - The page itself is slightly confusing, given these words as the
   section header where one would modify their subscription:

    "Asterisk-Users Subscribers
    The subscribers list is only available to the list administrator."

   While I'm sure most experienced users get the fact that the next
   box underneath is *not* only for administrators... it's not
   particularly clear, particulary for a new listserv user.

A suggestion:
Other lists I participate in have something more descriptive such as,
"To Unsubscribe ... (short instructions)." Seems to work fairly well.

Regards,
James