[Asterisk-Users] Phone compatibility list

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Mon Nov 24 04:53:31 MST 2003

The problem with a phone compatibility list is that there are many different
degrees of functionality with Asterisk, some SIP phones like the 3com phones
that claim SIP-compatibility don't fully work with Asterisk and are not
under development anymore(that's why you don't hear much about them on the
list) There are some others that will work with Asterisk if you don't have
them register(like the Teledex SIP phones) but this results in reduced
functionality. Here is a small list of the phones that are talked about a
lot on the list:

-Cisco 7960/7940 (expensive, but pretty, have to pay extra for the firmware)
-Grandstream Budgetone 101/102(cheap but fairly functional)
-Snom 100/200(European design, good features, cheaper than Cisco)

A little less talked about but still compatible:
-Polycom ip500/600 (many functions of the Cisco phones, but much cheaper,
have to get docs from friend on list)

And there are always the analog phone -> SIP adapters:
- Cisco ATA186/188 (again, Cisco=expensive and paid frimware updates)
- Grandstream HandyTone (cheap and tiny)
- SIPURA (new company, cheap for 2 ports)
- any T1 channel bank(cheapest per port solution usually, but need free T1
port)

I'm sure I've forgotten Many devices, but these are the ones you'll be able
to get help on from others because lots of people are using them.

Good Luck,

MATT---