[Asterisk-Users] agi exec problem.

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 24 00:37:07 MST 2003

Steven Critchfield wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 21:30, Brian West wrote:
>>I don't see add extension in the list of AGI commands.
>

> Yes, but AGI does have the exec command that was needed. Then exec takes
> arguments.

There are basically two sets of "commands", the CLI commands and the Asterisk applications.
The CLI commands are the ones you use in the command line interface, like "stop now".
The applications are the ones you use in the dial plan, in extensions.conf.

The AGI "Exec" command can use *applications* that you see with "show applications" in the CLI,
or on this wiki page:
http://tinyurl.com/sfz8

Also, I've updated the AGI page to be more clear on this.
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+AGI

/Olle