[Asterisk-Users] Call Pickup ???

PBX pbx at tuxnetworking.com
Sun Nov 23 16:06:13 MST 2003

I was wondering if you can pick up a ringing channel by dialing *8# when
you and the other phones are in pickupgroup.  Could you do something to
the effect of If the caller was put on a certain extension and just
sitting there... Could you grab the caller by doing something like
*8<exten> where the caller is sitting?

Here is my issue.  I need to find a way to put the caller on hold and
play MOH.  I don't want to use park unless I can park them on a given
extension.  And if I use flash the user gets a dial tone.  He can either
transfer to another user at that point, and if he hangs up the line
rings back until he picks up.

Any ideas ??

-gcc