[Asterisk-Users] TE410P Errors under load

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Sat Nov 22 17:45:56 MST 2003

Yes, that's true how the pairs are formed, and its also true that a (short)
ethernet cable can normally be used as a straight through E1/T1 cable, since
all wires are connected.

We need an E1 crossover cable for the tests we're running, and so we have to
make one, because an ethernet crossover cable will not work.

For anyone trying to make an E1/T1 crossover, here's a nice diagram from NMS
that may help.  The only pins that are needed in a short cable for testing
are 1,2,4,5.

Click on:
http://www.nmscommunications.com/NMS/nms_technotes.nsf/0/91d49c8785b2aab0852
566fa0050740a?OpenDocument