[Asterisk-Users] status of distinctive ring

Thomas B. Clark digium at clark.durham.nc.us
Fri Nov 21 18:39:53 MST 2003

In the archives, I have found discussion of detection of incoming
distinctive ring patterns dating back almost 2 years, but I have not
been able to figure out whether it is partially functional or even
whether it is definitely planned.

When I call Asterisk with a distinctive ring, it consistently logs the
following:

NOTICE[1217669936]: File chan_zap.c, Line 4421 (ss_thread): Got event
(Ring/Answered)...

However, looking at the code, it appears that this may just be a notice
that Asterisk detected the callerid in spite of the distinctive ring.

So, I'd be appreciative if anyone could comment on whether there is
currently any way to detect incoming distinctive ring, or whether it is
planned.