[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Call Manager for Windows 0.0.1 (Alpha)

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Fri Nov 21 15:05:41 MST 2003

>Can I have some installation steps on this
>
>it looks very good..
>

>Alex

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to work up an install.  If you have
the core VB runtime file (MSVBVM60.dll) you will only need a couple of
additional files:

Windows Scripting Runtime:  scrrun.dll
MS Winsock Control:	    mswinsck.ocx
MS Common Controls:	    mscomctl.ocx

Here is a link to a zip with those files:
	http://www.sokol-associates.com/Downloads/Dlls.zip

First:  Dump all 3 files into your WINDOWS\System32 (WINNT\System32)
folder.
Second: Register the files using the regsvr32.exe utility:

Start->Run->regsvr32.exe "C:\Winnt\System32\scrrun.dll" regsvr32.exe
Start->Run->"C:\Winnt\System32\mswinsck.ocx"
Start->Run->regsvr32.exe "C:\Winnt\System32\mscomctl.ocx"

(Replace Winnt\System32 with your system folder)

Before you start the program, make sure that the monitor module is
loaded and running on your Asterisk.  There are plenty of posts on
setting this up.  Here's the manager.conf file on my machine:

========= MANAGER.CONF FILE ================================
;
; Asterisk Call Management support
;
[general]
enabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

[steve]
secret = [SECRET WORD HERE]
;deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
;permit=209.16.236.73/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user

========= END OF MANAGER.CONF FILE =========================

Now you should be able to execute Astman.exe from wherever you have it
stored.  It will automatically detect that it is a new installation and
pop open the configuration dialog.  Configure the following:

Device Name = SIP/1100 (or) Zap/3 (or) ... (the channel name you want to
define as "your phone")

Mailbox = 1100 (your mailbox) Asterisk = sip.sokol-associates.com (enter
the IP or name for your Asterisk installation here)

Port = 5038 (enter the Asterisk manager port here -- defaults to 5038)

Debug Level = 3 (set between 0 and 4 for vb debugging)

User Name: steven (Asterisk manager login as defined in manager.conf)

Password: mysecretword (Secret as defined in manager.conf)

Keep Command Results controls whether command results (in the command
output window) are concatenated (and "kept") or replaced with each
command.

Automatically connect on startup is not currently in use (I think) and
would allow you to manually establish your connection after the toolbar
deploys.

Debug Window allows you to display the manager traffic in realtime.

The system will attempt to load the monitor.conf file once the settings
have been properly set.  You can manually edit that file as described in
my original post.  I will work on the editor dialog over the weekend.

Note:  After you enter the basic configuration info, it will open but it
appears not to connect.  You may need to close the app and re-start it.
I will track this as a bug and see if I can't fix it.

I hope this helps.

Comments Please!

Steve