[Asterisk-Users] can't get caller id?

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Fri Nov 21 11:24:04 MST 2003

You mean you get CallerID on a CallerID capable phone, right?

Try this: Load a terminal communications app like minicom, bitcom, telix, or something you're familiar with.  Plug the phoneline into a modem that you can see with your temimal software. Ring the phone. I believe in the US, you will see:

RING

RING
<some caller id string>

So, you should be able to see:

RING
<some caller id string>
RING

Also take a look at this link:

http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/cli_faq.htm#Q_27

It may not exactly apply to you, but it should be good for the archives and might give you an idea of what's going on...