[Asterisk-Users] Cisco DTMF Issue

Josh J. Zuerner josh at jzconsulting.com
Fri Nov 21 08:57:52 MST 2003

I am doing debug on the voip rtp session named-events.  The router only does
RTP encoding for the dtmf on calls that originate from an FXS interface on
the router - not from a phone running SCCP that is connected to the router
(Cisco CallManger Express / ITS).  However, if I call one of the FXS phones
from one of the SCCP phones, my dtmf digits are passed to the FXS phone.
Also, if I debug the phones, the router does receive the button press
events, it just never chooses to follow the peer's rtp dtmf relay setting.

I think this is a bug in the IOS, personally.  Anyone else have any
experience with this issue?

Josh