[Asterisk-Users] can't get caller id?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Nov 21 07:29:45 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 08:17, C M wrote:
> --- Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 07:14, C M wrote:
> > > not with *.
> > >
> > > i guess its the country issue. like i saw som
> > posts
> > > with callerid issues in uk. i am in nepal. how can
> > > configure * AGI to make it compatible with my
> > country.
> > > has anyone written a script?
> >
> > AGI is not configurable, and also would not help you
> > here. What you need
> > to do is track down what form of CallerId you have
> > and when it is sent
> > on the line. Then see about tweaking callerid.c to
> > support it.
> >

> ok
>
> how can i the track callerid information? ask the
> telco? how does yours work? i want to know how urs
> happens so that i can figure out how diff is mine.

Callerid in the Us is signaled with FSK between the first and second
ring. For more information, you will need to consult the source as it
will be definitive.

So far, I think it has been established that in the UK, the callerid is
sent after a line reversal and before the first ring.

I think it has also been established that some locations have callerid
as either dtmf or mf. I don't usually pay attention to this as much
because I can't help them.