[Asterisk-Users] Is Asterisk suitable for this use?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 21 06:49:09 MST 2003

Anton L. Kapela wrote:

>Jeremy McNamara said:
>

>>Do you really want all those spans going down cause someone tripped
>>over
>>a power cable or your hard drive nukes itself?
>>

>How's this worse than an as5300? I could install ata-flash and get
>high-ish end pc hardware (rcc serverworks boards, etc). Heck, if it
>was such an evil thing, I'm sure Voicepulse (along with every other
>clec) and friends wouldn't be doing it!
>
>--Tk

I think what Jeremy is saying is that by having multiple servers you
inherintly have higher fault tolerence and a lower chance of system
failure.. You could suffer a single server failure and your system would
still run and service you users.. You will not be in a panic to get that
new part in 30 seconds because the rest of the servers will be able to
take over the load for the failed one..

Thats all..