[Asterisk-Users] T1 / Channel Bank Configuration

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Nov 20 19:36:49 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 19:00, PBX wrote:
> I know this topic has been covered before - I just want to make sure I
> am understanding this correctly.
>

> 	|                 -------------------
> 	|                |		       |
> 	| T1             |    Channel Bank   |
> 	|      ----------| 		       |
> 	|     | T1 Cross |		       |
> 	|     |          |   		       |
> 	|     |	      -------------------
>   --------------
>  |  Asterisk    |
>  |              |
>  |  2 T1 Cards  |
>  |		    |
>  |		    |
>  |		    |
>   --------------
>
> With this setup what should the zaptel & zapata configs look like.....
>

> zaptel.conf -
>
> span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
> E&M=1-24 (I am going to be doing DID/DOD Lines)
>
> zapata.conf -
>
> signalling=fxo_ks
> context=blah
> group=1
> channel => 1-24
>

> Here is where my confusion comes in.  Under Zaptel.conf it appears that
> you are just configuring the first card.  If this is so, do you not need
> to configure the second card with any type of signaling?  Then on the
> channel bank what type of signaling is configured there?
>
> I am going to be setting this configuration up in the next couple of
> weeks and just want to make sure I have the configuration and concept
> correct.

If you haven't purchased the cards yet, I would suggest that at the
point you think you need 2 ports that you purchase the 4 port card. The
cost isn't that much more incrementally and then leaves you twice the
expansion in spare.

For configuring the cards, you just need to make a new span declaration.
and then configure the next 24 channels. For the signaling, you would
probably want to loopstart with disconnect supervision, in asterisk this
is listed as kewlstart. This will make sure that when you hang up the
line asterisk will know it.