[Asterisk-Users] new iaxComm build available

Michael Van Donselaar mvand at vandonselaar.org
Thu Nov 20 14:30:53 MST 2003

I tracked down the problem with crashes at startup (and with no window
appearing).

I was trying to make the last column of the call list as wide as possible when
resizing the window.  With some display settings, the reported width of the
client window is off by 1 pixel.  Instead of automagically adding a scrollbar,
wxWindows starts running around in circles.  Sooner or later (sometimes much
later) it crashes.

I've left a couple of pixels' buffer, and redone the dialling logic.

The most frequent critique I've gottn is that it is cumbersome to require server
configuration to dial a number.  Now you don't.

If the dialstring in the text box contains a username, hostname and extension,
then it is dialled as-is.

If there's a hostname and extension, we try to lookup username and password from
a registered server with that name.  If there's no server in our config with
that name, dial it as-is (assume no username needed)

If there's just an extension, then use the default server that you've
(hopefully) configured.

Windows : http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/iaxcomm-win-current.zip
Linux: http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/iaxcomm-lin-current.tar.gz

Next features to add are optional autoanswer for intercom functionality and
streamlining the phonebook (only storing dialstrings)