[Asterisk-Users] FAQ, Documentation, How-to, etc

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Thu Nov 20 13:40:08 MST 2003

I just wanted to put my .02 cents into this list and say the following.

 I am an end user! And a newbie.  Our company had a Asterisk VAR setup our
system.
All around the Var has done a great job. And I feel he will be installing
many more of these systems.  We are using it as our company's main office
phone system. Other locations will be added once I get to learn this.  It
works 95% of the time (Work is needed to get this to 99.9 %).  But I feel
that Asterisk community wants to keep this for tech's only.  This is the bad
part! It's a system that is better and has many more features then most of
the high end systems out there!  But there is a large brick holding it back!
Which I feel we should be able to work together to get this out into
everyones hands.

Now to what is going on!  This list is a great way to get information and
advice for us non-geeks (users)!  I am learning to configure and setup the
asterisk system via here!  I will say that the Wiki is very hard to deal
with as getting information out of it!  It tends to go in the wrong
direction allot!  Some of us just don't have the time to go through it!

I too like others have been saving the emails in a folder and do search on
it!  The google search sometimes just brings up too many of the wrong thing
and sometimes just plain too much information.

I feel that the main thing that will help new people is a real manual for
the system.  The ones that are out are just plain un-useful!  I am glad to
see the tags to example on the support pages which has help allot.  There
should be a FAQ area on the Asterisk site.  This is just something that is
expected by users.  Flamming people here is just wrong! You need to
understand that sometimes questions are asked by people trying to fix
something fast!