[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Business discussion again

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Nov 20 10:29:08 MST 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 09:51, Michael Graves wrote:
> Forgive my inexperience...but when does a newsgroup, or series of
> newsgroups become preferable to a list?

When hell freezes over or spammers stop spewing on newsgroups,
whichever comes first.  Seriously, we've had this discussion before.
What it comes down to is that newbies want newsgroups and developers
don't want to wade through newsgroups.  Given that developers control
the future of Asterisk, don't expect the newsgroups (or web bulletin
boards, as was subsequently suggested) to be monitored by those
developers.

And BTW, remember to trim footers and post your reply AFTER what was
already posted.  It's disrespectful to the etiquette of the list (and
if you're looking for answers, do you really want to disrespect the
people who can answer your question?).

-Tilghman