[Asterisk-Users] Can I soft-link a voicemailbox?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Nov 20 08:38:43 MST 2003

Hi there,

see subject.

I'd like to be able to use the vmbox prompt of VoiceMailMain2 and use
1234 and 4321 to point to the same mailbox. Will it be sufficient to
create a soft link for 4321 --> 1234 in /var/spool/asterisk/default or
will I get myself into horrible trouble?

Background: I like to be able to map certain functions ("boss",
"peasant", "secretary") to personal(ized) mailboxes. Who knows, maybe the
"peasant" will be "boss" in six weeks? :->

Cheers, Philipp