[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Lists

Alastair Maw asterisk at almaw.com
Thu Nov 20 08:34:51 MST 2003

On 20/11/03 14:58, WipeOut wrote:
> I am not sure a newbies list would help all that much, all that would
> happen is that they would cross post to both lists and we would get
> everything twice..

To a certain extent this is true. Newbie lists also inevitably become
filled with people with less experience telling each other things that
are wrong or sub-optimal, which can confuse people even more.

I think the best things would be a much more prominent link to the wiki,
which IMHO is the best place to find answers to newbie questions. It's
more up to date and contains more information than the handbook, for
example.

--
Alastair