[Asterisk-Users] FAQ, Documentation, How-to, etc

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Nov 19 22:11:05 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 19:35, Rich Adamson wrote:
> Nov 19, 2003
> To Everyone on this list...
>
> What's been suggested for a FAQ and other "much needed information" for such
> a _HIGHLY_ technical software product has been proven thousands of times in
> the past few months. Even an untrained monkey can see that, including many
> geeks. Those that are against it are the very _few_ arrogant self-centered
> egotistical few that think their middle initials are VoIP. It would be very
> easy to publish a list of such names on this list and only consume a half-inch
> of email space (even with Outlook Express in bold print, heaven forbid). And,
> their first names do not start with Mark either (Everyone, please note Mark's
> political absence from this somewhat "hot" topic; excellent posture.)

I think you are trying to make more of an issue out of this than there
is. I don't think you have seen anyone here try and stand in the way of
a FAQ, just in the regular mailing of one to the entire group.

> The majority of recent postings to the list are, without a doubt, coming
> from folks that have just recently found an app they believe in and would
> like to try it. But the arrogant _few_ (about 3, if someone's counting)
> consistently discourage these same people with "did you search the archives"
> or "any dumb fxxx" should know that; just read the code!!! If I see one more
> post from those same arrogant <people>, I'm tempted to build an army <of you
> know what> and see how well their business and customers stand up to the DS3
> <pressure>. (For the arrogant few, substitute the best-known very-well-
> understood words that you can come up with in between <>. It shouldn't
> take more then a couple of Crayons to color between the lines.)

As this is probably directed at me, at least in part, I should point out
that the effort to share information had to have been put forth before
it was available in the archives. Maybe we would do well with a trained
monkey as a interface to google for those that don't want to do it
themselves.

Simple questions tend to get answered very abruptly. Interesting, harder
questions get more time and effort. While it isn't an excuse to be rude,
and I know I can be from time to time, everyone would do well to read
this page or at least the "Before you Ask" section.

I'll skip responding to the rest as Tilghman has made a great response
to it.