[Asterisk-Users] ATA-186 Double Digit problems

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Nov 19 20:38:18 MST 2003

Hello -
    I'm using ATA-186 devices, with RFC2833 DTMF encoding.  I am
having problems with routines that input long strings of numbers, in
that I am getting more than a small number of double digit entries.
As an example, I have a section that asks for the user to enter a
call forwarding number, and then puts that number into a database.
Almost always, there are double digits when the user only intended to
type a single digit, no matter how carefully they entered their
string.

   Can anyone comment on how they may have solved this issue with
Cisco devices?  The units in question are running 2.16.

JT

<snippet of code where I'm inputting the number - line has already
been Answered>

[class4.6]
exten => change,1,ResponseTimeout(5)
exten => change,2,Playback(special/edting-spd-dial-number)
exten => change,3,SayDigits(${SPEEDDIAL})
exten => change,4,Background(silence/1)
exten => change,5,Background(special/entr-nmbr-fr-spddial-entry)
exten => change,6,Background(special/and-prs-pound-whn-finished)
exten => change,7,Background(silence/3)
exten => change,8,Goto(5)

; strip off any extra pound or * symbols, and then set the variable
exten => _X.,1,GotoIf($[$[${EXTEN:-1:1} = #] | $[${EXTEN:-1:1} = *]]?2:4)
exten => _X.,2,StripLSD(1)
exten => _X.,3,Goto(1)
exten => _X.,4,DBput(${MYNUMBER}/FEAT/SPEED/${SPEEDDIAL}=${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,5,Goto(class4.5,verify,1)

exten => t,1,Goto(change,5)