[Asterisk-Users] PSTN intercepted announcement

Michael Ulitskiy mulitskiy at acedsl.com
Wed Nov 19 20:07:15 MST 2003

Hi,

I have asterisk functioning as SIP to H.323 gateway for local SIP endpoints and I have H.323 to PSTN
gateway (Lucent MAX TNT) connecting my LAN VOIP to PSTN via PRI.
Everything works fine with one exception. I seem to be unable to figure out why I cannot hear
PSTN intercepted announcement  ("number is not in service" etc.) when I'm calling
a disconnected number through asterisk. The phone just keeps ringing.
I know everything's fine with my PSTN connection and gateway, because I have other
H.323 endpoints connecting directly to gateway without asterisk involved and it works for them.
It seems that somehow both available h323 drivers for asterisk cannot handle those messages.
I did some experimenting and found that H.323 FastFtart must be enabled in order for this to work
(without faststart enabled it doesn't work for h.323 endpoints too).
I tried to explicitly enable it on both h323 and oh323 drivers, but it didn't work with asterisk anyway.
I'm not a telecom professional and I'm stucked here. So I thought I'd ask for help here :)
Has anybody noticed this? Any ideas?
Thanks.
--
See you later,