[Asterisk-Users] echo cancellation

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Nov 19 17:56:04 MST 2003

> I've got an X100P & a cisco 7960. if i call from an analog line via the
> x100p to the cisco, there is an overly audible echo on the cisco. If i
> make a call from a cisco to cisco, there is no echo.  zapata.conf has
> echocancel=yes & echocancelwhenbridged=yes  set.   Any ideas?
>
> I'm currently using the default implementation of echo
> cancellation...which one should I try next?

Take a look at:
 http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk

Most echo problems are not actually related to the X100P or the software,
but rather the pstn line (including house wiring, analog phones, and other
crap left hanging on the pstn line). It's a technical issue that can't be
resolved with non-technical approaches.