[Asterisk-Users] echo cancellation

TeleSIP ricvil at telesip.net
Wed Nov 19 16:23:47 MST 2003

It seems that everyday we see these complaints about bad echo on X100P
cards.

Why can't these cards incorporate an echo canceller that a cheap $10 dollar
phone bought at Walmart can?

"If we plug a cheap phone on the line there is zero echo.  If we plug an
X100P on the line there is horrible echo."...seems to be a daily ocurrence
here on the list.

Looks to me like analog phones, no matter how cheap, have some sort of
effective hardware echo canceller.  Why can't an X100P have the same?  I
would sure like to know.

Thanks.