[Asterisk-Users] FYI: Simple Small Asterisk install..

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Nov 19 13:33:04 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 12:28, WipeOut wrote:
> Klaus-Peter Junghanns wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >if anyone is looking for a really small * installation take a SuSE
> >rescue system, add sshd, zaptel and *. Gzip it and the image is only
> >28MB which fits into a 64MB ramdisk and leaves some MBs for temporary
> >logs, CDRs and voicemail.
> >
> >regards
> >
> >kapejod
> >

> I know this may seem like a dumb question, how do you run the system
> from the gzipped file? got any links to info?
>
> Guess I need to get to know liinux better.. :)

Linux can take compressed RO FS's and work with them as a ramdisk. Of
course, it would probably be better if you are using a IDE emulator to
do something like cramfs or whatever succeeded it to make a compressed
and RO FS that is then able to run from the flash instead of eating up
ram. Basically, you would be taking a chapter from the PDA people.