[Asterisk-Users] This is how you Search the Archives

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Wed Nov 19 12:15:40 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leif Madsen" <leif at radiokaos.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] This is how you Search the Archives

> Anthony Wood wrote:
>
> > Go to www.google.com
> >
> > type in your search query
> >
> > add this to the end of your search query:
> >
> > site:lists.digium.com
>
> Does anyone else think there should be a FAQ made specifically for the
> mailing list, and posted here automatically maybe every 2-4 weeks?

I think it should be individually emailed to the new users with a "do you understand" query in every known language after it. New users should have to successfully reply to this email before being able to post to the group at large.

Also a "this is how you unsubscribe" test shouldn't be too far behind it :)

-----
Andrew Thompson
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.