[Asterisk-Users] Can't connect to digium cvs

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 11:42:03 MST 2003

> > > cvs [login aborted]: connect to
> cvs.digium.com(216.207.245.20):2401
> > > failed: Coonection refused
>
> Is that handtyped, or is that a typo in a cvs client/server app?
> "Coonection"

I'll bet you a beer the cvs client uses "strerror(errno)" to
generate the "Conection refused" string.   A quick
check with

   strings `which cvs` | grep refused

seems to say I'd likely win the bet.  And if I'm correct the error
is real as strerror(errno) mostly gets it right.

It's hard to know why this would happen without knowing how Digium's
server is set up.  Is there a firewall, tcp wrappers? is itusing
tcpd.  who knows???

But from the solaris man page the meaning of "Conection refused" is

           The attempt to connect was  forcefully  rejected.  The
           calling program should close(2) the socket descriptor,
           and issue another socket(3SOCKET) call to obtain a new
           descriptor before attempting another connect() call.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550