[Asterisk-Users] Updated iaxComm binaries available for WinXP, Red Hat 9.0

Michael Van Donselaar mvand at vandonselaar.org
Wed Nov 19 10:23:48 MST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:18:44 +0100, Peer Oliver schmidt <posde at theinternet.de>
wrote:

>Michael,
>
>I have the same problem with running iaxcomm. Did the following:
>
>* Extract to c:\cd
>* Open command prompt
>* c:
>* cd \cd
>* iaxcomm
>
>What happens:
>A cursor change for a couple of seconds from an arrow to an arrow with a
>clock. iaxcomm never shows up.

I think that I've found the problem.  I installed on about every Win32 box I
could get my hands on, and could only get two to crash.  I think th problem has
to do with different display metrics that uncover a wxWindows bug.

I've posted a revised binary at

http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/iaxcomm-win-current.zip

Please let me know if this version works for you.

>BUT, iaxcomm makes the computer nearly unusable. Killing iaxcomm in the
>task managers process list helps to make the computer usable again.
>
>Where are the configuration information stored? Might it be, that some
>old configuration information is being used which is no longer of use?

It's in the registry in \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\iaxComm

All of the talk of USB keys has convinced me to (at least optionally) move it to
a config file.