[Asterisk-Users] Help please

C M maharzan at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 10:17:01 MST 2003

in my opinion, asterisk is the best solution. it is
relatively very cheap, asterisk is free and u can use
any soft phones to do calls. you can find cheap digium
cards, around $400+. you can set up any normal phone
to FXS cards. yu can do conference call and voicemails
in asterisk.

this link may be helpful to read though there are lots
of it out there
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk?PHPSESSID=736cb8758a4bc846654fd36e33ead8eb

--- Michael Welter <mike at introspect.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My PBX/key system failed when building power was
> switched off and then
> back on.  The service rep says the PBX unit is so
> old that it is not
> repairable.
>
> The unit has 8 incoming POTS lines and 12 multiline
> sets.  There are
> voice mailboxes on each line.
>
> Switching to Qwest's Centrex system would cost about
> $3800/yr.  My 8
> business lines now cost $3320/yr, so the Centrex
> increment would be
> about $480/yr.
>
> Purchasing a new PBX would run anywhere from $4K to
> $9K.
>
> My questions are:  should I be considering Asterisk?
>  What type of
> telephone set could I use with Asterisk?  Would I be
> able to conference
> outside parties into a call?  Would I have voice
> mail?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Michael Welter

=====