[Asterisk-Users] Help please

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Wed Nov 19 09:52:13 MST 2003

Hi,

My PBX/key system failed when building power was switched off and then
back on.  The service rep says the PBX unit is so old that it is not
repairable.

The unit has 8 incoming POTS lines and 12 multiline sets.  There are
voice mailboxes on each line.

Switching to Qwest's Centrex system would cost about $3800/yr.  My 8
business lines now cost $3320/yr, so the Centrex increment would be
about $480/yr.

Purchasing a new PBX would run anywhere from $4K to $9K.

My questions are:  should I be considering Asterisk?  What type of
telephone set could I use with Asterisk?  Would I be able to conference
outside parties into a call?  Would I have voice mail?

Thanks for your help,
Michael Welter