[Asterisk-Users] Service codes for MGCP channels

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Nov 19 09:11:30 MST 2003

>Hi there,
>
>after testing with a MGCP phone (Swissvoice ip10s) I found the following
>ASTERISK-based codes (VERTICAL SERVICE CODES) to work - I assume that
>most of those will also work with SIP, but haven't checked that yet:
>
>*67 - Calling Number Delivery Blocking
>*70 - Cancel Call Waiting
>*72 - Call Forwarding Activation
>*73 - Call Forwarding Deactivation
>*78 - Do Not Disturb Activation
>*79 - Do Not Disturb Deactivation
>*8 - Call pick-up
># - Transfer
>
>Questions:
>- how can I enable "Calling Number Delivery"? *65 doesn't seem to do the
>trick:
>- how can I enable "Call Waiting" after having it disabled via *70?
>
>Greetings, Philipp

No, these do not work with SIP, and there is currently a request to
remove that functionality from the MGCP and Zap channels, since this
type of feature should be (IMHO) in the dialplan and not built into
the channel.  (What if I want to use *70 for something else?  How do
I read the status of Do Not Disturb, since this is embedded in the
channel?)

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000071

JT