[Asterisk-Users] FYI: Simple Small Asterisk install..

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Wed Nov 19 08:41:58 MST 2003

Hi,

If anyone is looking for a small Asterisk installation I have managed to
get it down to 296MB (If you remove the kernel source code.. could
probably be made smaller if some of the devel packages and asterisk
source is removed as well.)

To do it I used Trustix Secure Linux 2.0 (http://www.trustix.net), did a
minimum install with ssh support(92MB) and then added the required
packages individually..

Everything has compiled and Asterisk loads but I haven't tried any
Zaptel drivers or hardware so can't comment on that..

Anyway if anyone needs a small secure install there it is..

Later..