[Asterisk-Users] Anybody using Sphinx

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Wed Nov 19 07:13:36 MST 2003

> Bottom line: the very best speech recognition still sucks. As a
British

I don't agree.  How many others of you have had the pleasure of saying
your account number when calling your credit card company?  I have had
good success with it, 100% so far.  The only engine that I've seen that
does suck is when UPS was first using voice responses.

I just want to say to keep up the good work.  It's a great idea.  Many
people don't like having to press numbers (our business deals with MANY
elderly people).  Having them speak a response is a LOT more likely than
having them press a number.

Imagine:

"Hi, this is Becky.  Would you like to speak with Billing, Appointments,
Optical, or a Nurse?"

"I'm sorry, can you say that again?  I didn't understand you."

"Thank you.  I will connect you with Appointments now."

Is a lot more friendly than

"Thank you for calling the Impersonal Office.  Press 100 for Billing,
200 for Appointments, 300 for Optical, or 400 for Nurse.  If you are so
blind that you can't see the numbers on your phone, wait and someone
will help you."