[Asterisk-Users] Question about incoming/outgoing

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Wed Nov 19 00:31:28 MST 2003

Larry Black wrote:

>[hardware]
>type=friend
>callerid="Hardware Phone" <5>
>secret=phone
>echocancel=yes
>host=dynamic
>dtmfmode=rfc2833
>context=sip

My standard config for GS phones on the same LAN as the Asterisk server is..

[hardware]
type = friend
callerid = Hardware Phone <5>
secret = phone
host = dynamic
dtmfmode = info
context = sip

To specify codecs you could add..

disallow = all
allow = ulaw
allow = alaw

I can't see from you phone config why you are having this problem.. I
know GS are close to a major upgrade on the firmware so maybe this will
help..

Also a suggestion, you may find it easier to manage if you name the
phones by their extension number rather than a name.. it will make your
extensions.conf a little easier to create and modify..

Later..