[Asterisk-Users] Anybody using Sphinx

Arnold Ligtvoet asterisk at ligtvoet.org
Tue Nov 18 17:44:15 MST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to get sphinx to work with *. At the moment I believe that it
won't work since there is no audio board in my server and it seems to me
that sphinx expects one.

Before I continue and try it with an audio board;
- does sphinx really need an audio interface ?
- what is the quality like ?
- will it work in international environments ?

I was doing a customer installation of Cisco's IPCC express with Nuance ASR
and TTS. The funny thing was that, although the system had some funny dutch
names, the app where you dial an AA and then say the name of the person you
want to speak to works fine for most names.

I was thinking of creating a simular app for *. Use Festival to 'spider'
through the usernames, do tts, store waves in directory and have sphinx
compare the received names to this. Would this be possible in your opinion ?

TIA,
Arnold.