[Asterisk-Users] Bad DTMF detection

Mark Farver mfarver at ticom.com
Tue Nov 18 13:01:07 MST 2003

We're still having problems with DTMF detection on our X100P cards.

Incoming callers that hold down the "1" button for too long are being
connected to extension 11.  One would think fat fingers were uncommon,
but it happens to alot of people.

I suspected this was related to our having to increase the txgain, but I
tried turning it down with no effect.  I also tried disabling the
outgoing greeting, thinking it was interrupting the detector, with no
result.  Relax DTMF helps cellphone callers, but has no effect on the
double detect problem.

I cannot tell from the log before if asterisk is detecting a single "1"
and finding a nonexistent extension 1, or detecting the long keypress
as two keypresses (seems like two, with the "Oooh got something" message
being asterisk's way of saying at least on extension exists in the
context that begins with a 1).

DEBUG[14351]: File chan_zap.c, Line 1872 (zt_answer): Took Zap/27-1 off
hook
DEBUG[14351]: File channel.c, Line 952 (ast_settimeout): Scheduling
timer at 160 sample intervals
DEBUG[14351]: File chan_zap.c, Line 3388 (zt_read): DTMF digit: 1 on
Zap/27-1
DEBUG[14351]: File channel.c, Line 952 (ast_settimeout): Scheduling
timer at 0 sample intervals
DEBUG[14351]: File pbx.c, Line 1686 (ast_pbx_run): Oooh, got something
to jump out with ('1')!
DEBUG[14351]: File chan_zap.c, Line 3388 (zt_read): DTMF digit: 1 on
Zap/27-1
DEBUG[14351]: File chan_sip.c, Line 649 (create_addr): Setting NAT on
RTP to 0

--zapata.conf--
;rxgain=5%
txgain=7%