[Asterisk-Users] Radius on *

Rainer Jochem rainer at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Tue Nov 18 11:38:52 MST 2003

> No and there is absolutely no need for it to.   RADIUS is not anything
> that should have ever been deployed in a VoIP environment.

<sarcasm>
I have no need for H.323 or Skinny or SIP; IAX works fine...
H.323 is something that should never ever have been invented...
</sarcasm>

I fully agree with the things other people have already mentioned
on this topic. In (I think not only) my opinion database support
is something which would be very handy in several environments.
   I really like the "swiss-army knife"-like features of asterisk
and having database support for various types of db would be
a big step forward as it would help giving asterisk again more
potential users and thus more success and public interest.

Imagine having an include-statement in e.g. your sip.conf
like
     db_lookup => (db-type, user:pass at dbhost, table, ...)
and then being able to serve several thousand users more.
Could be very useful and should not harm the current design
that much.

Best regards,

 Rainer

--