[Asterisk-Users] Struggling with grandstream sip to asterisk

Joe Dennick joe at dennick.net
Mon Nov 17 20:05:57 MST 2003

I just got my GrandStream working.  The SIP.CONF file probably isn't
your problem except for the 'secret' entry.  Your phone doesn't have the
proper auth/password combination to successfully register with the
Asterisk Server.  Use the web browser for your GrandStream phone to set
the 'Authenticate ID' and 'Authenticate Password' to match what you've
configured in your sip.conf file.  My sip.conf looks like this:

	[7007]
	type=friend
	secret=blah
	host=dynamic
	mailbox=7002
	canreinvite=no

The fact that you are using a Static IP Address doesn't matter to the *,
so don't worry about it.

Once configured, I've found my GrandStream to provide decent voice
quality.  It doesn't have all of the features of a more expensive phone,
but then that isn't what you paid for.

Joe Dennick