[Asterisk-Users] Asterisks and scripting to get an ACD

Adrien Mercier iench at ou.edu
Mon Nov 17 16:18:07 MST 2003

Hi !

i'm a new user, and we are planning to use asterisk mostly as a basic
ACD.

What we would like is basically getting the list of all waiting calls in
asterisk, and then display it on our staff homebrew app, for them to
choose which call to take.

Basically the list should display the caller's number, the time he was
waiting and such.

Is there any way to grab the waiting list and its properties from
asterisk ?

Afterwards, how to make asterisk transfer the call to our operator ? Can
you give me links explaining how ? Our homebrew software is using Delphi
on Win32, and we would like it to get the call. Is VoIP support the only
thing that has to be enabled ?

More, is there a link explaining how to get asterisk to behave like a
normal ACD with rules and stuff built in ? We may have to switch to that
behaviour...

One last thing : anybody knows where to get documentation about asterisk
? I found almost nothing... only a list of about 10 AGI commands and
that's about it :(

Thanks a lot for your time and answers !

Adrien