[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 connectivity problem (qualify=yes)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 17 13:58:21 MST 2003

WipeOut wrote:

> Philipp von Klitzing wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I still have issues with the IAX connection between two servers (one
>> static (server A), one dynamic (server B), none behind NAT):
>>
>> B registers with A, and "iax2 show registry" shows that everything is
>> fine. However, after a while if I check on server A with "iax2 show
>> peers" I see a status of UKNOWN (in iax.conf there is a qualify=yes
>> statement for server B).
>>
>> The problem is that the connection to server B regularly gets worse
>> than 2000 ms and is thus temporarily listed as unavailable - fine so
>> far, that is correct. But at some point server A stops to pick up the
>> working (!) connection and permanently shows status UNKOWN although
>> the connection is fine again (40 ms or so). It does help to issue a
>> "reload" on server A, but that's for sure not the way it should be...
>> without that "reload" server B will be permanently unavailable.
>>
>> Has anyone else seen this? Suggestions?

> Try "qualify=3000" which will increase the time between checks..
> Although it sounds like there is more to this problem than just
> increasing the time..

Is there any way to get server B to re-register with certain intervals,
like we do in SIP? We discussed dynamic hosts earlier, and if I don't
remember incorrectly, IAX never re-registers, it just keeps the line
forever and keeps the IP number.

In this situation an expire time for IAX registration would support
the dynamic host, host B.

Just speculation on my behalf, nothing implemented or even planned...
/O