[Asterisk-Users] Hunt groups and SIP?

Sean P. Robertson spr at netxusa.com
Mon Nov 17 13:40:35 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Sizemore" <james at deny.org>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 3:24 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Hunt groups and SIP?

> I would like to setup a hunt group, not a group ring, using sip phones.
> Anyone done this with sip devices?  Comments suggestions?
>
> I have not had much luck with the outgoinglimit=1,  incominglimit=1
> stuff that I would need to get busy extinctions to work right, which is
> why I'm asking on the list.

Basically you need to disable call waiting on your SIP device (if it
supports call waiting to begin with).  When the second call comes into the
SIP device with call waiting disabled, it should send a 486 SIP message
(mine says "486 Busy Here") back to the Asterisk. You can see this in "sip
debug" mode on the console.

Then setup your extensions.conf to take the appropriate action on Busy like
any other extension.

Sean