[Asterisk-Users] Static Config?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Nov 17 13:28:49 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 14:02, David Gomillion wrote:
> One more important thing to note: you can issue a restart when
> waits until the channels are free (correct me if I'm wrong).

While this is one of my favorite commands and I enjoy it immensely, it
also can cause some anxious moments when you are watching calls come and
go. I think I waited about 3 hours once just hoping to get it cleared to
restart asterisk once.

If you don't mind a few missed calls but don't want to interupt ongoing
calls there is also the gracefully command. gracefully will stop
accepting new calls, and will either stop or restart when all calls
clear.