[Asterisk-Users] strange Music on Hold between SNOM, Grandstream and Asterisk

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Mon Nov 17 11:22:10 MST 2003

I have the exact problem with a little different configuration.
I am using GS phones and a sip/fxo gateway.
I make a call from PSTN <==> sip/fxo gateway <==> * <==> sip phone (GS).
Life is good until GS places call on hold.
What I see on the wire:

1 - RTP packets every 20msec both directions for a second or 2.
2 - Then 2-3 second pause.
3 - Then a few RTCP packets.
4 - then back to 1

Are you using ztdummy?