[Asterisk-Users] NuFone International Calls

marrandy marrandy at chaossolutions.org
Mon Nov 17 07:43:46 MST 2003

On Sunday 16 November 2003 12:52 pm, wasim at convergence.com.pk wrote:

Hello Jasim.

> lag just took on a whole new definition :) --

Old mail I stored for the future for when I have time to look at asterisk
again.

Like now  :-)

Basically, I'm going over the scripts/files and resetting and testing.  This
is still a test system, but I thought I would give some feedback.

> in iax.conf put
>
> [nufone]
> type=peer
> secret=yourpassword
> context=WORLD ; <-- this bit originally stated, maynot be necessary
> host=switch-1.nufone.net
> disallow=all
> allow=ilbc
> trunk=yes
>
> in extensions.conf put
>
> exten => _011.,1,Dial(IAX2/username at nufone/${EXTEN}|60)

I didn't need the context=WORLD

My extensions.conf has the following for international calls.  Any comments
appreciated :-

[globals]
TRUNK=IAX2/user at nufone

[int-trunks]
;
exten => _9011.,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9011.,2,Congestion

I found I had echo in that I could hear my voice about a third of a second
later.
It turned out that one of the many sets of scripts I had been testing had a
high tx and rx gain setting.
When I  changed the settings to :-

echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

the issue went away.

YMMV

> now, jerjer says you don't need CONTEXT in your iax.conf anymore, he
> handles it at his end, but this is a config from donkeys ages ago and how
> we used to do things in the elden days...
>
> - wasim
>
> p.s. for those in the know ... the super secret code name for eeks has
> been herewith changed to farfon (with two dots on the "o" of the fon)

Ahhh...secrets...What's it got in its pockets ?

Regards...Martin
--
Even God lends a hand to honest boldness.
		-- Menander